As a Store Associate you are to provide excellent service to guests, sort incoming product, receive donations and assist the Store Manager in the maintenance of all store operations. On a daily basis you will positively impact our guests, donors, and the communities in which we operate.
Our ideal candidate is a retail enthusiast who is service focused, can maintain their composure, and has the ability to communicate and build relationships. In doing so, the candidate will be action oriented, drive results, and will strive to become an expert in their role through continuous self-development and learning.
• Acknowledge guests and assist with their shopping needs
• Provide fast, efficient and accurate checkout service
• Promote upcoming sales or special fundraising events
• Maintaining neat and orderly sales floor, dressing rooms and check out areas
• Make brief announcements over the P.A. system
• Answer the telephone in a professional manner
• Replenish product
• Receive, assist, and thank guests for their donations
• Lift and move boxes and bags of donated items (up to 50lbs)
• Sort through donations and evaluate items for quality and condition
• Price items according to established guidelines
• Meet assigned production targets for each shift
• Place clothing on hangers and items on racks, distribute to the appropriate area on the sales floor
Store Associate Skills and Qualifications
• Approachable with good interaction/people skills
• Good written and oral English (French where required)
• Eye for detail
• Minimum Grade 10 or equivalent
• Possess the ability to learn cash, pricing and sorting procedures, and product display and promotion guidelines
• Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed
• Must be eligible to work in Canada
We provide a passionate fast paced community environment where you will be immersed in our operations and service. You will experience firsthand the impact of our work in our communities.
Competitive compensation including:
- Staff discounts
- Employer paid RRSPs
- Vacation (3 weeks/ 6%)
- Paid sick time
- The opportunity to learn new skills, job advancement, recognition programs and in-store sales incentives.
You can expect:
• To join a hands-on work environment where you will be required to physically move through our operation while adhering to daily goals.
• We are operational 7 days a week and schedule our employees based on operational needs - days, evenings and weekends (Please Note: Our stores are open for shopping Monday to Saturday and Sundays we are open to receive donations).
As part of our ongoing commitment to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for all of our employees, CSA approved footwear is required for all Retail and DRC positions within NRO.
Click here for job application form.