As a Donation Attendant you are to provide excellent service to guests by receiving and processing unsorted donated goods. This position will honour the donors and contribute to building relationships with those in our communities. As well as, positively impact our guests, donors, and the communities in which we operate.
Our ideal candidate is a retail enthusiast who is service focused, can maintain their composure, has the ability to communicate and build relationships. In doing so, the candidate will be action oriented, can drive results, and is a key participant in the processing of store donations.
• Receive, assist, and thank guests for their donations
• Lift and move boxes and bags of donated items (up to 50lbs)
• Sort through donations and evaluate items for quality and condition
• Meet assigned production targets for each shift
Donation Associate Skills and Qualifications
• Approachable with good interaction/people skills
• Good written and oral English (French where required)
• Eye for detail
• Minimum Grade 10 or equivalent
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
• Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed
• Must be eligible to work in Canada
• A passionate fast paced retail environment where you will be immersed in our operations and service;
• Firsthand experience of the impact of our work in our communities;
Competitive compensation including:
Employer paid RRSPs
Vacation (3 weeks/ 6%)
Paid sick time
The opportunity to learn new skills, job advancement, recognition programs and in-store sales incentives.
You can expect
• To join a hands-on work environment where you will be required to physically move through our operation while adhering to daily goals;
• We are operational 7 days a week and schedule our employees based on operational needs; days, evenings and weekends (Please Note: Our stores are open for shopping Monday to Saturday and Sundays we are open to receive donations).
As part of our ongoing commitment to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for all of our employees, CSA approved footwear is required for all Retail and DRC positions within NRO.
Click here for job application form.