Warehouse Associate - Scarborough Distribution and Recycling Centre
Become part of an organization that values its employees, volunteers, guests, and donors.
Do you have a passion for Thrift? Are you motivated, looking for a role with a purpose, and have a desire to make a difference in your local community? We offer a unique way to serve through retail and recycling!
Our team members demonstrate our core competencies of collaboration, communication, composure, and being service focused in everything they do. If you are looking to further your career, consider joining our team. We offer a competitive total compensation package, extensive leadership development, and personal growth opportunities.
As a Warehouse Associate you will assist in the efficient and effective processing and/or distribution of goods and donations. Our ideal candidate is a Distribution/recycling enthusiast who is customer focused, can maintain their composure, and has the ability to communicate and build relationships. In doing so, the candidate will be action oriented, drive results, and will strive to become an expert in their role through continuous self-development and learning.
Maintains a safe and healthy work environment through compliance with Health and Safety regulations;
• Processes raw materials by unloading, sorting, packing, storing, loading and baling the donations;
• Protects the integrity of the donations;
• Processes all other supplies being received/shipped through the Recycling and Distribution Centre;
• May operate warehouse equipment such as baler, compactor, and pump truck;
• Provides guest service by greeting and assisting all guests in a courteous manner and assisting as required with donations;
• Sweep/dust/ mop floor as required to maintain facility;
• Represent the Core Values and Competencies in all that you do;
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Receive, assist, and thank guests for their donations
• Lift and move boxes and bags of donated items (up to 50lbs)
• Sort through donations and evaluate items for quality and condition
• Meet assigned production targets for each shift
Warehouse Associate Skills and Qualifications
• Proven ability to do physical labour in a warehouse environment
• Approachable with good interaction and people skills
• Dependability and flexibility to work varying shifts as per operational needs
• Be knowledgeable of and strictly follow all legislative safety procedures
• Minimum Grade 10 or equivalent
• Eligible to work in Canada
Approachable with good interaction/people skills
• Good written and oral English (French where required)
• Eye for detail
• Minimum Grade 10 or equivalent
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
• Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed
• Must be eligible to work in Canada
• A passionate fast paced retail environment where you will be immersed in our operations and service;
• Firsthand experience of the impact of our work in our communities;
Competitive compensation including:
• Staff discounts
• Employer paid RRSPs
• Vacation (3 weeks/ 6%)
• Paid sick time
• The opportunity to learn new skills, job advancement, and recognition programs.
You can expect
• To join a hands-on work environment where you will be required to physically move through our operation while adhering to daily goals;
• We are operational 7 days a week and schedule our employees based on operational needs; days, evenings, and weekends (Please Note: Our stores are open for shopping Monday to Saturday and Sundays we are open to receive donations).
As part of our ongoing commitment to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for all of our employees, CSA approved footwear is required for all Retail and DRC positions within NRO.
Resumes are to be submitted by no later than Friday, October 22, 2021. In the email subject line please identify the location and position being applied for. Send applications to: DRC Manager at Jose.Martinez@salvationarmy.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salvation Army Thrift Store – National Recycling Operations (NRO) supports the mission of the Salvation Army by generating funds and influencing positively the communities in which it operates. As part of one of Canada’s largest national charitable organizations, we adhere to the core values of Hope, Service, Dignity and Stewardship. By working with us, you help support The Salvation Army’s programs, services and emergency relief efforts by recycling and selling donated goods.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.