Warehouse and Distribution Supervisor - Oakville Distribution and Recycling Centre (Full-Time)
Are you looking for a new opportunity to build a career while having a positive impact in your community? If so, the next journey in your career starts with us.
The Salvation Army Thrift Store, National Recycling Operations, is a division of The Salvation Army –the largest non-governmental provider of social services in Canada. We help generate funds to support local programs and services like food banks and homeless shelters while contributing to environmental sustainability through retail and recycling.
Looking for even more reasons to join us? We offer a competitive compensation package:
• Paid sick time
• Vacation starting at 6% (3 weeks)
• Employer-paid RRSP contributions with additional voluntary matching opportunities
• 30% employee discount to save even more at our Thrift Stores
• The opportunity to learn new skills, job advancement, and recognition programs
• Health, Dental, EFAP, and LTD benefit opportunities for full-time employees
•Wage range for this position is $40,822 to $51,028 (Pay band)
As a member of the Distribution and Recycling team, the Warehouse and Distribution Supervisor is responsible overseeing and providing the courteous and timely pick-up and delivery of product to and from stores and donors. You exercise safe and careful driving and material handling procedures in accordance with established Safe Work Procedures, CVOR requirements, and Salvation Army policies, procedures and guidelines, and the Collective Agreement. The successful candidate is a proactive, resourceful, and highly organized individual with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and independently.
• Supervision of Distribution Associates, Truck Drivers and Truck Helpers
• Development of daily manifest ensuring appropriate dispatch of trucks to stores, corporate partners, landfills, etc.;
• Maintaining and submitting the daily, weekly attendance reports;
• Ensuring that truck maintenance, servicing, and repairs are completed as per schedules;
• Ongoing performance management of employees; conducts coaching and disciplinary processes in consultation with Manager and Employee Relations;
• Ensuring completion of the daily inspection of trucks and equipment used in the DRC (e.g. Forklift Trucks);
• Ensures all driving teams and trucks are in compliance with all provincial commercial vehicle legislation;
• Oversee daily and overall safety, maintenance, operation of vehicles, and maintain documentation;
• Maintains up to date and current knowledge of legislation and company policies (Health & Safety Regulations, provincial and municipal highway traffic acts, and Collective Agreement);
• Ensure stores and donors are provided with courteous and diplomatic service;
• Maintain accurate supply inventory;
• Maintains professionalism, and composure in all conversations or situations;
• Coordinates preventative maintenance appointments of Fleet trucks;
• Ensure secure safe handling and delivery of internal paperwork and supplies between locations;
• Demonstrating work methods to new employees;
• Contact waste management, recyclers as needed. Health & Safety
• Know and work in compliance with provincial Acts and Regulations, and company policies;
• Ensure procedures for the transport and storage of Hazard Goods are followed;
• Ensure protective devices or clothing are worn, and maintained as required;
• Take all reasonable precautions for the protection of workers;
• Address and report any hazards or contraventions of the Act or Regulation to manager;
• Report any injury or illness to manager;
• Ensure all workers complete the required health and safety training;
•Know and use safe work practices.
• Be willing to work flexible hours to meet business requirements and community involvement
• Working environment is warehouse and office; this position works Thursday through Monday
• Occasional travel is associated with this position
Skills and Qualifications:
• Has completed grade 12 or equivalent education;
• A minimum of 2 years’ supervisory experience in warehousing, trucking, and distribution management (or another combination of education and experience equivalent);
• A proficient communicator capable of interacting with various internal/ external partners;
• Possesses superior time management skills and are results driven;
• An effective leader with the ability to manage and measure work and motivate others in the achievement of established objectives;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel), internet, and payroll and time keeping systems;
• Valid Class G Driver’s license and forklift certification and preferably have Standard First Aid;
• Experience working in a union environment;
• A driver’s abstract and Criminal Record Check satisfactory to the employer is required
Resumes are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line please identify the location and position being applied for.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.