Full-Time Truck Driver - Edmonton Distribution and Recycling Centre
Please note that weekend availability is required
Become part of an organization that values its employees, volunteers, guests and donors.
Do you have a passion for Thrift? Are you motivated, looking for a role with a purpose, and have a desire to make a difference in your local community? We offer a unique way to serve through retail and recycling!
Our team members demonstrate our core competencies of collaboration, communication, composure, and being service focused in everything they do. If you are looking to further your career in distribution consider joining our team. We offer a competitive total compensation package, extensive leadership development, and personal growth opportunities.
As a Truck Driver you will provide courteous pick-up and delivery service to donors, guests and Thrift Stores and assist in the efficient and effective reclamation, processing and/or distribution of goods and donations. You will exercise safe and careful driving and material handling procedures while adhering to CVOR requirements, established categories, and standards.
• Provide courteous daily drop-off and pick-up service to assigned Thrift Stores
• Ability to drive a 5-ton truck safely and competently
• Responsible for daily inspection, completion of logbook, and safe and courteous driving of company vehicle and adheres to all CVOR requirements
• Operates standard warehouse equipment such as a forklift, baler, compactor, and pallet jack
• Provide guest service by greeting and assisting guests in a courteous manner when guests are dropping off donations at the Distribution Centre
• Responsible to complete refuse runs to the landfill
• Requirement to frequently participate in cross-docking to facilitate movement of product around the country
• Comply with all legislative and company policies and procedures adhering to Health and Safety, Operations, and Finance
Truck Driver Skills and Qualifications
• 2 years’ experience in the safe operation of 5-ton trucks
• Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license with clean drivers abstract and a forklift certification
• One year of experience in a warehouse environment
• Physically capable of lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs on a frequent basis
• Frequent lifting, carrying, standing, walking, bending, and twisting
• Ability to work in a variety of environments (exposure to heat, cold, dust, etc.)
• Minimum grade 10 or equivalent
• Demonstrated trustworthiness and responsibility
• Good written and oral English (French where required)
• The successful candidate will be required to provide Criminal Record Check satisfactory to the employer
• A passionate fast paced environment where you will be immersed in our operations and service;
• Firsthand experience of the impact of our work in our communities;
Competitive compensation including:
• Staff discounts
• Employer paid RRSPs
• Vacation (3 weeks/ 6%)
• Group Benefits
• Paid sick time
• The opportunity to learn new skills, job advancement, and recognition programs.
You can expect
• To join a hands-on work environment where you will be required to physically move through our operation while adhering to daily goals.
• We are operational 7 days a week and schedule our employees based on operational needs; days, evenings, weekends, and holidays (Please Note: Our stores are open for shopping Monday to Saturday and Sundays we are open to receive donations).
As part of our ongoing commitment to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for all of our employees, CSA approved footwear is required for all Retail and DRC positions within NRO.
Resumes are to be submitted by Friday, September 10, 2021. In the subject line please identify the position being applied for.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salvation Army Thrift Store – National Recycling Operations (NRO) supports the mission of the Salvation Army by generating funds and influencing positively the communities in which it operates. As part of one of Canada’s largest national charitable organizations, we adhere to the core values of Hope, Service, Dignity and Stewardship. By working with us, you help support The Salvation Army’s programs, services and emergency relief efforts by recycling and selling donated goods.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
Send applications to: Pam.Button@salvationarmy.ca