Clareview - Shift Supervisor
As a Shift Supervisor you provide assistance to the Store Manager during assigned shifts by coordinating the activities of the store including, opening/closing, daily reporting, authorizing payment and return merchandise. You resolve problems as they arise and provide ongoing training and monitoring of staff. You provide excellent service to guests and fulfill various sales and production roles within the store.
Our ideal candidate is a retail enthusiast who is focused on guest service and has a minimum grade 10 education with 2-5 years demonstrated retail experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. You are familiar with cash handling. Pricing, sorting procedures, product display and promotion guidelines. You are results driven with superior time management skills and the ability to delegate effectively. You possess strong written and oral communication skills, thrive on building relationships, and are proficient with Microsoft Office suite, internet, and familiar with basic office equipment. The successful candidate will be required to provide Criminal Record Check satisfactory to the employer.
• Communicate courteously with guests by telephone, email and face to face, providing excellent guest service
• Opening and closing of store
• Issue exchanges, voids, and handle cash register transactions as required
• Daily reporting on sales and production
• Authorizing payment and return merchandise
• Resolve problems as they arise
• Supervising the operational staff and volunteers in the absence of Store Management
• Provide ongoing training and monitoring of staff
• Fulfil various sales and production roles within the store
- • Comply with all legislative and company policies and procedures adhering to Health and Safety, Operations, and Finance
Shift Supervisor Skills and Qualifications
• A retail enthusiast who is focused on guest service
• Has a minimum grade 10 education with 2-5 years demonstrated retail experience (an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered)
• Familiarity with cash handling, pricing, sorting procedures, product display and promotion guidelines
• Results driven with superior time management skills and the ability to delegate effectively
• Demonstrated trustworthiness and responsibility
• Possess strong written and oral English communication skills (French were required)
• Thrive on building relationships
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, internet, and familiar with basic office equipment
• The successful candidate will be required to provide Criminal Record Check satisfactory to the employer
• 2-5 years of demonstrated retail experience in cash, pricing, sorting procedures and product display and promotion. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
A passionate fast paced community environment where you will be immersed in our operations and service. You will experience firsthand the impact of our work in our communities.
Competitive compensation including:
• Staff discounts
• Group benefits
• Employer paid RRSPs
• Vacation (3 weeks/ 6%)
• Paid sick time
• The opportunity to learn new skills, job advancement, recognition programs and in-store sales incentives
You can expect:
To join a hands-on work environment where you will be required to physically move through our operation while adhering to daily goals. We are operational 7 days a week and schedule our employees based on operational needs – days, evenings and weekends (Please Note: Our stores are open for shopping Monday to Saturday and Sundays we are open to receive donations).
As part of our ongoing commitment to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for all of our employees, CSA approved footwear is required for all Retail and DRC positions within NRO.
Resumes are to be submitted by Friday, April 30, 2021. In the email subject line please identify the location and position being applied for. Please send job application form and resume to NRO.Clareview.Thriftstore@salvationarmy.ca
Salvation Army Thrift Store – National Recycling Operations (NRO) supports the mission of the Salvation Army by generating funds and influencing positively the communities in which it operates. As part of one of Canada’s largest national charitable organizations, we adhere to the core values of Hope, Service, Dignity and Stewardship. By working with us, you help support The Salvation Army’s programs, services and emergency relief efforts by recycling and selling donated goods.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.