Marketing & Communications Assistant (Part-Time) - Oakville Home Office
The Salvation Army Thrift Store, National Recycling Operations (NRO) adheres to its core values of compassion, respect, excellence, integrity, relevance, cooperation, and celebration. NRO supports The Salvation Army’s social and community services and programs through retail and recycling.
The Salvation Army Thrift Store is looking for a resourceful, dynamic and highly effective marketing professional to support and assist the Marketing & Communications team in the development and implementation of the National Retail Marketing & Communications Strategy. As an essential role of a tight-knit team, you will be able to contribute to the growth of our organization.
You are a creative marketer with a business or retail background. You have excellent communication skills and are resourceful, extremely organized and consider yourself as a self-starter. You thrive in an environment that is constantly evolving and offers a variety of day-to-day tasks and responsibilities. You are a critical thinker who is passionate about solving hard problems and is determined to deliver results despite challenges you may incur. Your goal is to make an impact through your work and contributions to an industry you are passionate about.
As a member of the Marketing and Communications Team, the Marketing and Communications Assistant will support the implementation of comprehensive and innovative marketing, communication and promotional plans in support of the National organizational goals and objectives.
The candidate will work on a diverse set of marketing and communication activities including guest services, coordination and distribution of various promotional materials along with market research and trend analysis of various programs.
The Marketing and Communications Assistant will work in conjunction with the Marketing and Communications team to ensure that brand guidelines are being followed across all channels.
• Continuous communication with all stores, District Managers, Regional and National offices to provide support through marketing materials and content;
• Generate and implement content for sales events including collateral, blogs, presentations and social media posts;
• Monitor and update social media channels and monthly calendar i.e.: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn& Youtube;
• Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Provides Support and Coverage for Guest Services;
• Maintain branding values and messaging to ensure all marketing content upholds them consistently and creatively;
• Research to identify and recommend on community event opportunities and linkages. Research and source new ideas to support product marketing, sales and organizational objectives;
• Assist with the creative process including developing briefs and providing feedback;
• Inventory maintenance and distribution of marketing materials;
• Monitor industry competitors and submit reports on emerging trends and comparative analysis each month;
• Maintain website updates;
• Assist with creative, analytical and administrative projects as assigned
• Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in a marketing or related role;
• Post-Secondary education, preferably with an emphasis in Marketing, Communications and/or Business Administration;
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Google Analytics, email marketing platforms, social media channels and/or other marketing software;
• Project coordination and vendor relations experience;
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change;
• Proactive, resourceful and highly organized;
• Ability to self-manage;
• Critical thinking and problem solving;
• Retail experience and knowledge of the French language are strong assets;
• Proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator is an asset
• A passionate fast-paced retail environment where you will be immersed in our operations and service;
• Firsthand experience of the impact of our work in our communities;
Competitive compensation including:
• Staff discounts
• Employer provided RRSPs
• Vacation (3 weeks/ 6%)
• Group Benefits
• Paid sick time
• Leadership Development Training
• The opportunity to learn new skills, job advancement, and recognition programs.
You can expect
• To join a hands-on work environment where you will be required to physically move through our operation while adhering to daily goals;
• We are operational 7 days a week and schedule our employees based on operational needs; days, evenings and weekends (Please Note: Our stores are open for shopping Monday to Saturday and Sundays we are open to receive donations).
As part of our ongoing commitment to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for all of our employees, CSA approved footwear is required for all Retail and DRC positions within NRO.
Resumes can be submitted via email to; firstname.lastname@example.org by September 16th 2021. In the email subject line please identify the location and position being applied for.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salvation Army Thrift Store – National Recycling Operations (NRO) supports the mission of the Salvation Army by generating funds and influencing positively the communities in which it operates. As part of one of Canada’s largest national charitable organizations, we adhere to the core values of Hope, Service, Dignity and Stewardship. By working with us, you help support The Salvation Army’s programs, services and emergency relief efforts by recycling and selling donated goods.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.