Distribution Manager - Edmonton DRC (Full-Time)
Do you have a passion for Thrift? Are you motivated, looking for a role with a purpose, and have a desire to make a difference in your local community? We offer a unique way to serve through retail and recycling in support of the second largest social service organization in Canada!
If you are looking to further your career in retail consider joining our team. We offer a competitive total compensation package including paid sick time, vacation starting at 6% (3 weeks), and employer-paid RRSP contributions with additional voluntary matching opportunities, Health, Dental, EFAP, and LTD benefit opportunities. All within an environment that demonstrates our core competencies of collaboration, communication, composure, and being service focused in everything we do.
As a Distribution Manager you coordinate logistics and distribution activities for the NRO Thrift Stores and Distribution and Recycling Centre.
• Coordinate logistics and distribution activities for the NRO Thrift Stores and Distribution and Recycling Centre
• Coordinate the storage and movement of product through established distribution processes
• Provide guests and donors with courteous and diplomatic service
• Ensures that all team members work in compliance with Health & Safety legislation; use, wear and maintain personal protective equipment; report workplace hazards; and follow accident and injury reporting processes.
• Responsible for effectiveness of multiple functions (e.g., dock area, ordering function, sorting and packing functions)
• Review production expectations/progress
• Respond to Store and District Manager concerns and issues
• Review and approve invoices for payment
• Assist with monitoring Distribution Centre maintenance
• Meet with staff and review expectations
• Plan trailer switches and rotation of commodities on trailers
• Liaise with outside brokers
• Complete and review Distribution inventory
• Review monthly results and compare against budgets adjust accordingly, if necessary
• Review GL listings and address discrepancies, if necessary
Distribution Manager Skills and Qualifications
• College Diploma in Business Administration, Property Management, or trade experience within warehouse environment
• Two to five years’ experience in a managing logistics and distribution
• Knowledge of operational requirements within used clothing retail stores
• Constant attention to perform job safely is required
• Valid driver’s licence and Forklift license are assets
• May be required to provide a driver’s abstract satisfactory to the employer
• Flexible in work hours to achieve predetermined deadlines
• Substantial physical exertion is required for lifting and movement of heavy boxes and furniture – up to 50 lbs frequently and 75 lbs occasionally; includes bending, twisting, pulling, pushing of product.
• Successful reference and background check.
We provide a passionate fast paced community environment where you will be immersed in our operations and service. You will experience firsthand the impact of our work in our communities.
Competitive compensation including:
• Staff discounts
• Employer provided RRSPs
• Vacation (3 weeks/ 6%)
• Group Benefits
• Paid sick time
• Leadership Development Training
• The opportunity to learn new skills, job advancement, and recognition programs.
• Employee and Family Assistance Plan
• Long term disability coverage
You can expect
• To join a hands-on work environment where you will be required to physically move through our operation while adhering to daily goals;
• We are operational 7 days a week and schedule our employees based on operational needs; days, evenings, and weekends (Please Note: Our stores are open for shopping Monday to Saturday and Sundays we are open to receive donations).
As part of our ongoing commitment to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for all of our employees, CSA approved footwear is required for all Retail and DRC positions within NRO.
Resumes are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line please identify the location and position being applied for.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salvation Army Thrift Store – National Recycling Operations (NRO) supports the mission of the Salvation Army by generating funds and influencing positively the communities in which it operates. As part of one of Canada’s largest national charitable organizations, we adhere to the core values of Hope, Service, Dignity and Stewardship. By working with us, you help support The Salvation Army’s programs, services and emergency relief efforts by recycling and selling donated goods.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.