Contributed by: Erin Rochon of Bluebird Upcycled Style and Salvation Army Thrift Store Creative Expert.
I love thrifting! I especially love to thrift when I am looking to change things up in my home with seasonal decor. One of my top tips whenever I am searching for items is to hit my local Salvation Army thrift store often. Here are my top 5 thrifted items that I found at my local store on Richmond road in Ottawa that are perfect for the summer season.
1. Art Deco Sconce: I found a pair of gorgeous art deco sconces with an ombre metallic finish. This find will be perfect with flameless candles and hung on a patio (above).
2. Thrifted Wine Glasses: Buy wine glasses instead of plastic glasses when entertaining. It will up your entertaining game and is environmentally friendly.
3. Thrifted Art: I found this gorgeous piece of art filled with stunning shades of blues, greens and rusty oranges. Thifted art is a great way to get inspiration and changes up your seasonal colour schemes. If you don't love the colour of the frame you can easily paint it.
4. Natural Fiber Baskets: Thrifted baskets for plants are always an amazing find. It is a great way to inexpensively infuse more texture and natural fibers into your home and it is a stunning way to display your plants.
5. Thrifted Plates: Finding colourful, unique plates is a great way to save money when entertaining. Not only are you being kind to the planet, you are also making a make a colourful impact on your table setting.
Next time you are looking to make a seasonal change to your decor, make sure to hit your local thrift store to get some inspiration. Happy Thrifting!