As an Assistant Store Manager, you support the Store Manager through all operational areas of the retail store. In collaboration with, or in the absence of the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager will supervise store staff, ensuring targets are being met, promote all aspects of the business through showing, promoting and selling products and services while maintaining a variety of reporting and scheduling systems.
Our ideal candidate has a Grade 12 education with 2-5 years of demonstrated retail experience in cash, pricing, sorting procedures and product display and promotion. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Our ideal candidate will drive results, motivate and direct others, manage and measure work/systems, and have superior process and time management skills. You possess excellent oral and written communication skills, strong people skills, and are proficient with Microsoft Office suite, internet, and have knowledge of basic office equipment and accounting procedures. A valid driver’s license would be considered an asset, in addition, the successful candidate will be required to provide Criminal Record Check satisfactory to the employer.
• Support the Store Manager through all operational areas of the retail store;
• Supervise store staff
• Ensure targets are being met
• Promote all aspects of the business through showing
• Promote and sell products and services while maintaining a variety of reporting and scheduling system
• Assist with the supervision of store staff, budgeting, tracking expenses, paperwork (schedules), and personnel work.
• Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services is needed
Assistant Store Manager Skills and Qualifications
• Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent
• 2-5 years of demonstrated retail experience in cash, pricing, sorting procedures and product display and promotion. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
• Drive for Results
• Motivating Others
• Process Management
• Time Management
• Excellent written and oral English (French where required)
• Strong interaction/people skills
• Supervisory experience in a retail environment
• Comfortable with Office Suite, emails, cell phones, etc.
• A valid driver’s license would be considered an asset
• The successful candidate will have the ability to provide Criminal Record Check satisfactory to the employer
A passionate fast paced community environment where you will be immersed in our operations and service. You will experience firsthand the impact of our work in our communities.
Competitive compensation including:
• Staff discounts
• Group benefits
• Employer paid RRSPs
• Vacation (3 weeks/ 6%)
• Paid sick time
• The opportunity to learn new skills, job advancement, recognition programs and in-store sales incentives
You can expect:
To join a hands-on work environment where you will be required to physically move through our operation while adhering to daily goals. We are operational 7 days a week and schedule our employees based on operational needs – days, evenings and weekends (Please Note: Our stores are open for shopping Monday to Saturday and Sundays we are open to receive donations).
As part of our ongoing commitment to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for all of our employees, CSA approved footwear is required for all Retail and DRC positions within NRO.
Click here for job application form.